Monday, June 22, 2009

Sweet Sunday 23

Here is my take on the latest Sweet Sunday sketch challenge. You might want to click on this to see the images close up.

I get a bit nervous when I see an unconventional sized card, but when I saw this sketch I couldn't help but see that it was perfect for the stamp set I just bought called "Its a dogs life" by Inkadinkadoo. I wanted to do a card for my brother and sister-in-law, who just got a new puppy. Animals have been a huge part of their family for some time now and they have always had a bunch of them at once...cats and dogs. We recently received an email with pictures of the latest addition so I thought I would fire off this card to them.

Here are the card details:

All of the paper is from my stash. I stamped, colored, embossed and punched out the image squares for the bottom of the card and then I mounted them on black paper and put the 3 dog pictures up on dimensionals. The two pictures with bones on them were mounted flat to the background. The Woof ribbon was part of my stash too. I printed the sentiment off of my computer, sponged the edges and punched it out with the SU word window punch, added a couple of black rhinestones to it then mounted it with dimensionals. Lastly, I pierced the paper on either side of the ribbon for accent.

Thanks for the great sketch Karen. My biggest problem will be finding an envelope to mail it in:))

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is super cute!
    Love your images and your colour combo looks fantastic!
    The ribbon you have used is brilliant!
    They will just love to receive your wonderful card!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi emily,
    wow fantastic card I love the sketch
    hugs Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just nailing these challenges lately - this one is another fabulous one - love the images - super cute!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Inkadinkado has such great pet stamps and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How incredibly cute! I love those images and how you added red to three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Emily,l love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Emily! I love Inkadinkado stamps myself. I also love tall and thin - or in this case short and wide - cards. Cute, cute, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute! And what a thoughtful card - they will love it. You're right, this set is perfect with all of those squares!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! I bet they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just darling Emily!! Love your take on this sketch challenge and CUTE sentiment... :) You always amaze me with you creativity and style... so inspiring!!

    The heat is on here in Minnesota tomorrow... 90+ with humidity... grr! I'm not a happy camper with high humidity, so that means more stamping! LOVE that! (With the A/C on of course!!) Have a super weekend... keep cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a COOL card!! Love the doggie images, the great layout, and the colors!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeeeks...this is SOOOOOOO cute!!! LOVE those stamps and the colours you chose. It's a fabulous card Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card Emily! I've seen this sketch done in quite a few different ways though. Love the dog theme, the colours are great and the ribbon soooo cute!!! Fab!! :o)

    By the way you must think I am SO rude not loading your award to me. We finally got our broadband on properly on Friday so I will get to work on it very soon :o) x

    ReplyDelete