Monday, April 19, 2010

Birthday Card for Max




This card is for my precious grandson, Max, who will be 5 on May 2nd. Max is autistic and just the sweetest little boy you'd ever want to know. He's smart as a whip but a bit behind in his language skills. He has really come out of his shell over the last 6 months and we are so happy to see him starting to interact with the other children at school. He seems to have a very special connection with one of the little girls in his class who has downs syndrome.

Back to the card...I always have fun with Max's card each year. I get to use stickers of his beloved Sesame Street characters. I love kids cards with primary colors and these stickers were just made for a card like that. I dug through my papers and found this fun piece that worked out perfect. I just had to figure out a layout so I could use all the characters, then I added the stamped and punched "5" circles and the "Happy Birthday" greeting. At first I wondered if it was a bit too busy, but the more I looked at it the better I liked it. I know that he will take time to examine it very carefully and it will bring a big smile to his face. I had fun with the inside too.

One more card done...two more to go.

4 comments:

  1. Oh fabulous card, beautiful colours and love those cute sesame street images.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my golly! This is so cute. I love everything about it. It's sure to make the little guy light up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the colors and stickers. Perfect for a child's birthday and I'm sure your grandson will treasure this card. :)

    ReplyDelete