Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Valentine Card


While I'm still in Valentine mode, I thought I would post this card that I did just before I tackled the Mojo Monday challenge. The stamps come from a new set called "Stamp Holidays" by EK Success. It's a really cute set of stamps that are perfect for punching and popping. The set includes stamps for Xmas, Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day and Graduation. There are 18 stamps altogether. I think I will get a lot of use out of this set.


I've been anxious to try a diagonal split paper layout as I have seen a lot of card samples on Splitcoast that I liked. I used the Cuttlebug dots embossing folder for the pink half. I love the look of the dots. I heat embossed the stamps using versa mark and clear embossing powder. I believe the pink paper is Stampin' up's "Pretty In Pink" and I believe I picked up the patterned paper at JoAnn Fabrics. The shiny paper I mounted the punched stamps on was a stray piece I had laying around collecting dust, but it matched perfectly for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment