Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cheer Me Up Card for Sis



I have been cooking up this card for a little while, ever since I bought this cute Mouse House stamp several weeks back. I decided I would use it to come up with a card for my sister who just finalized her divorce after 20 plus years of marriage. I wanted this to help cheer her up after she finally sold her house and moved into an apartment this last week. She's really trying to move on and stay positive about her new life.

The printed papers are from "My Minds Eye" and the green is Stampin' Up old olive. I used my Prisma colored pencils and gamsol to color the Mouse House image. Again, I double stamped my image so I could cut out and pop the little mouse head, the flower and the lemon over the original image. I used some diamond glaze to cover the lemonade portion of the glass and used my spica clear glitter pen on the flower. I created the sentiment on my computer, sponged the edges and mounted it with some cute yellow polka dot brads that I found at Hobby Lobby. The ribbon is called mini dot moss and I just picked it up at JoAnn Fabrics today, hoping it would work on this card.

I'm including a picture of the inside of the card just because I wanted you to see how I used up the frame I had leftover from the nestabilities die cut I used on the front of the card. It sort of accidently fell onto the card while I was moving things around on the table and a light bulb went on in my head. Ha! Ha! Anyway, I thought it added a nice funky look to the inside and now I don't have to fret about tossing away that scrap piece of frame:)

Hope it brings a smile to your face!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely sister you are! I'm sure she will love it, it's so cute. I love the sentiment too and the way you have done the inside :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a sensational card Emily!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete