Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Chicks With Inkpads Inspiration Challenge #1 & Cuttlebug Challenge #23


I decided to enter this card for both the Cuttlebug Challenge #23 Spring http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ and the chicks with inkpads challenge. This is the first time I am entering a card for the Cuttlebug challenge. I might be late for it, but I think I am confused with two different sites doing cuttlebug challenges. I tried to post last night but couldn't find the right link after I edited this post. Guess I was just up too late catching up on the blogs I follow:) Does that happen to anyone else???

I linked to the chicks 1st challenge http://chickswithinkpads.blogspot.com/through Karen Motz's blog http://paperplayhouse.blogspot.com/. Karen is an awesome card artist whose blog I have been following for a while. As soon as I saw the challenge I knew what I was going to do. I love the soft colors in this challenge and it immediately made me see butterflies and flowers. (It helped that I had just recieved a card in the mail from a friend who does the most awesome paper creations and then die cuts images from them. Her card had a butterfly die cut done with the really cool nestabilites butterflies dies that emboss the die cut too.) Here is her card:













Isn't that just awesome paper that Jane created for that butterfly? She's so talented!

The butterflies on my card were created with my new double die QuicKutz butterfly that I have been itching to try. The card base is Stampin Up pumpkin pie cardstock followed by marigold morning. The white background was embossed with my Cuttlebug birds and swirls embossing folder. The butterflies are cut out from tangerine tango and sherbet DP from Stampin' Up and a piece of scrap polka dot that seemed to match well with the other DP. I punched the white circles with a 1 3/4" punch and put them through my Cuttlebug with the dots embossing folder. I punched the scallop circles with a 1 7/8" scallop punch. I popped the white circles with dimensionals and then added the white pearls to each butterfly. The sentiment is stamped in certainly celery with an acrylic stamp from Inkadinkado and I used a MS punch for the leaves on a green Bazzill paper. I punched out some little flowers with my EK Success flower punch and added the little pearls for centers. Finally, the polka dot ribbon across the middle of the card is produced by The Paper Studio.

A big thank you also goes to Sonia, http://www.scraps4fun.com/, who continually shows me how pretty white on white can be with her awesome creations. Check out her blog, you won't be sorry.

I think I may use this card for one of my Mother's Day cards. Now to decide which mother gets it:)

10 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness! This is one of the most beautiful cards I have EVER seen! Whichever mom gets it will be speechless! I can't wait to see what you do NEXT week (I think you're going to really like it!). Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Emily! I love all the texure and dimension - I am a huge butterfly freak too, LOL! Thanks for playing the Chicks Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, what gorgeous cards! :) I tried emailing you but got the email in return undelivered so I thought I'd just leave you a comment here.

    Cookie Monster Coloring Sheet

    The ink on my printer didnt bleed at all using the ProMarkers so let me know when you have your finised card, cant wait to see it :)

    Have a nice day. Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh woww Emily,what a beautiful cards,l love them all.

    hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another lovely card Emily. I love the colours you have chosen and those butterflies are so pretty the way you have done them. Did you work out how to do your blog award?? x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have such an AMAZING CARD going on here! I love the spring-y colors and the butterflies are my FAV. Your friends card is so sweet using the CB embossing and layering die cuts to get such a elegant feel... TFS Emily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is GORGEOUS Emily! I LOVE all the detail...the QK die is awesome but the tiny pearls on the butterfly bodies add so much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete