Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mojo Monday 110

My take on this week's Mojo sketch. I just found this Prickly Pear snowman today and couldn't wait to ink him up. I thought I would have another go with my shimmery blue and white cardstock for this card.

Here are the card details:

The shimmer paper is from The Paper Studio. The background white was embossed with a brand new CB embossing folder that came in the mail today. It's a larger size than the previous folders, so it works nicely on a 5x5 card. I also got that cute border embossing folder with the trees and house on it today and thought it would fit on this card nicely. My snowman was stamped and colored with copics. I'm still very green with copics so bear with me while a try to perfect some type of technique..lol. I added some sparkly fluff to the snowman's mittens and scarf and below him for snow. Then I used my Jelly Roll glitter pen to highlight the dots on the CB folders, the stars, the holly, the roof on the house and at the snowline. The sentiment is SU which I embossed with versa mark and SU's irridescent ice to make it sparkly. Finally, I added the silver gemstones around the sentiment and some Kaiser red pearls to the holly berries (I added the pearls after I took my picture and I was too lazy to take another picture, so you just have to use your imagination).

Hope you all had a great Halloween (if you celebrate it)!

7 comments:

  1. You, snowmen, cuttlebug and shimmer paper - obviously a WINNING combo!! Another FABULOUS job - LOVE the layout and all the texture!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable snowman, love how you have his hat sticking up at the top

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily. I love this card. That is some beautiful paper and a very cute snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I am going to have to get my hands on some of the new CB folders! You are doing a great job withyour copics, and I'm sure you'll be a pro in no time. The snowman is such a cute image. Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Emily! You certainly know how to work that shimmery blue and white, and I LOVE that little panel with the embossed trees and house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily :) Your card is adorable, what a fun layout and image! You rocked the sketch!

    Thanks for stopping by and making me smile! Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card Emily!! LOVE ♥ the embossed textures, sparkles and your snowman is SO CUTE!! :)

    Enjoy the warm weather this weekend, I hope it makes it your way. My hubby is bow hunting now and I'm going to start baking soon... yummm! Enjoy your weekend... Toodles!! :)

    ReplyDelete