Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mojo Monday 72


Okay, so I did start this on Monday and now it's spilled into Tuesday.....This was a real labor of love...I just got my Stampin' Up Valentine's bundle today in the mail so I was determined to make it work for the Mojo sketch challenge and guess what??....I think it did!

I'm using some more of my Pebbles Inc paper because I really love this "My Girl Tiny Flower" pattern and because it goes so nicely with my Stampin' Up paper. The birds were stamped on pink, covered in Crystal Lacquer and popped on the card. I also used Crystal Lacquer on the heart that is popped off of the ribbon slide. The ribbon slide is Spellbinders. It has tiny hearts on it that I sponged with Riding Hood Red ink along with the edges of the slide. I thought I would try out my new Nestabilities Labels 1 as a background for the ribbon slide. I sponged the edges of the label and then cut out another background in pink. I used some red Crystal Stickers Pearls around the "Hugs and Kisses" stamp and stamped a duplicate in white, cut out the circle and popped it over the pink one. Then I stamped a third image on pink again and cut out and popped the heart over the white piece. I added some red gel pen to the dots on both of the pink polka dot hearts for fun and then punched 4 red hearts and a pink one using my Fiskars corner heart punch and added them for accents. The fancy doily edge is a Martha Stewart edge punch and the pink ribbon was from Michael's Dashes, Dots & Checks line. Finally, I used my Cuttlebug dots embossing folder to add an edge to the pink background paper and I used my red gel pen to put dots along the sides of the stamped bird image. Whew! I'm exhausted. Need some shut eye. Hope you like it! I'm posting two views this time. One shows the shiny detail and the other shows the layering.

14 comments:

  1. Emily your card is beautiful love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Vday card. I like all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so beautiful!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this one is really really pretty! I like this stamp set! It's simply adorable! I love all the colors of pink you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily I had to come back to let you know I tried to pull it apart because I too am like that but only to the point of not having to recreate the whole card! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luv luv that stamp with the birds and luv your card.
    Thank you for stopping by
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... what a gorgeous card ... I lvoe the subtle dimension on the birds and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is very pretty!! i love what you did with your SU bundle...it's just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful. Love the little popped up birdies. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so SWEET! I seen your card on Mojo Monday's blog as I was checking out what other paper crafters were creating... :) I {LOVE} my SU! Bundle set too, such fun DP and the new Heart to Heart punch I've used quite a bit. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog too! Smiles... :)

    ReplyDelete