Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweet Sunday 4


How much pink is too much pink? I actually had to change this because my first two versions hurt my eyes. The real challenge for me was finding the right stamp set to use. This one has just been collecting dust so thanks to Karen for giving me a chance to pull it out and use it. I actually may try doing this layout in a different color.


I believe the stamp set is from the Angel Company. I used close to cocoa for the card background and stamped the images with close to cocoa ink from Stampin' Up. The paisley is Baby Pink Paisley from The Paper Studio and the pink was just scrap paper from my scrap bin.
I used my paisley Cuttlebug embossing folder this time. Look Mom, no dots:)

The "Party" and "Birthday Wishes" stamps were from two different acrylic sets I own. The pink ribbon was also from a scrap bin. I added a gem stone brad to the birthday wishes and there you have it...another challenge done.

6 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with Karen's sketch. That paper is so pretty and I don't know if there's such a thing as having too much pink. I love that color! Those stamps work perfect for the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card - all the texture! OH, and you can never have too much pink :) Thanks so much for playing again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I agree with Karen... there is no such thing as TOO MUCH PINK!!! NEver.

    Sarah
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emily ... thank you for stopping by my blog and the lovely comment you left! Your card is just darling, love the little birthday stamps that fit perfectly in the cricles! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NEVER to much pink! This is totally a scrumptious card, I could eat it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comment that you left on my blog. I love what you've done with this card. I have been looking at that embossing folder for a while and wasn't sure whether to get it or not, but it looks lovely made up. I also love the way you have the little stamps in each of the circles. It looks so cute. A great card!

    ReplyDelete